If you’re planning to use reservations or time slots to manage your guests, you can do so by making use of our ticketing system. The advantage of doing so is that you can charge a price for reserving, which will decrease the likelihood of a no-show reservation. The charged price can then be deducted from the overall price of the products purchased. In the guide, you can watch and read how to manage your reservations using Eventix.
How do I manage my reservations using Eventix?
Make some space.
First of all, we want to show you how to set up a single week of reservations. You’re probably looking to set-up reservations for an extended period, but please bear with us. At the end of the guide, we’ll show you how to copy this week and easily prepare a whole new week of reservations. That way, you can focus on what you’re good at and spend as little time as possible setting up your reservations.
Step 1: Create an account
1. Go to the Eventix Dashboard. If you don’t yet have an account, we’d like to extend you a warm welcome.
Step 2: Create an ‘event’ for the first date
1. Click on ‘Events’ and create a new event by clicking on the blue ‘+ New event’ button.
2. Give your event (read: day) a name and enter the date, time, location and other information.
Step 3: Create time slot tickets
1. Create a ticket for your first available time slot. It’s important to make sure the ‘ticket capacity’ and ‘maximum number of tickets per order’ options are correctly filled in. The ticket capacity refers to how many people can purchase tickets per time slot. The maximum number of tickets per order dictates the maximum number of tickets a group can purchase (here we’ve only allowed 1 ticket per order). Other important options are ‘Available from’ and ‘Available until’, which determine the time frame in which tickets can be reserved. Caution: If you don't want to limit the period in which your ticket can be sold, don't use this function.
EVENTIX TIP: The reservation price
By charging a price for reserving, you can decrease the likelihood of a no-show reservation, as well as guarantee a certain amount of income per guest. The charged price can then be deducted from the overall price of the purchased goods.
2. You’ve created your first time slot! You can add a new time slot by clicking on ‘New ticket’ and repeating this step for each time slot.
3. Once you're done, hit 'Next'.
Step 4: Time slot shop
1. In the shop settings, you'll see the field 'Link to shop'. Copy this and open the ticket shop in a new tab.
2. In the URL, replace shop.eventix.io with shop.timeslots.eventix.
3. Instead of the usual ticket shop, you should now see our date picker ticket shop.
Step 5: Add more dates to the ticket shop
1. Go to ‘Manage’ and then click on ‘Events’.
2. Click on the arrow next to your event and you’ll see a drop-down menu. Click on 'Copy event'.
3. If you click on this, you’ll end up in a new menu where you can change the date of your ‘event’. When copying an event, the date will automatically move forward one week.
4. Once you’ve changed the name and date to the new date, you can skip the following steps without making changes.
5. Click on 'Create event with tickets'.
Step 6: Copy time slots
1. In the shop settings, go to the 'Tickets' field and click on 'Select one or more ticket(s)' and toggle all your time slots on.
2. If you go to the tab with your date picker shop and refresh the page, you should now see the new dates in the shop.
3. Congratulations, you now have time slots for multiple days in your date picker ticket shop!
Do you need help setting up time slots for your business? Let us know through the chat in the bottom-right corner of the screen or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.