As an organiser, Facebook provides you with the possibility of using their Business Manager. Once you have created an account within this platform you will be able to construct flawless promotional campaigns, acquire insights into your target audience’s behaviour and reach out to your visitors more optimally. If you would like to know more about the possibilities of Facebook Business Manager, we have written a number of blogs to help teach you the basics.
How do I create an account with Facebook Business Manager?
1. Go to the Facebook Business Manager homepage and click on ‘Create Account’ in the top-right corner.
2. Fill in your company/organisation name. We advise you to fill in your business e-mail when prompted, this helps in keeping your business and private e-mails separated.
How do I set up Business Manager correctly?
After you have created your account you will be redirected to the Business Manager Dashboard. Here you will be presented with three options which you can use to set up Business Manager according to your preferences.
1. Page: This option allows you to add pages to your Business Manager account. This could be an existing page of yours, or someone else’s, it can also be a new page. If you would like to add another person’s page, you will need to request permission beforehand. Adding pages is essential if you want to set up advertisements in order to reach your target group.
2. Ad Account: Add ad accounts if you would like to set up ad campaigns. The same principle applies here as with adding new pages; you can add an existing account that belongs to you or someone else, or you can create a new ad account.
3. People: You can add your colleagues to the Business Manager. Facebook gives you some options when it comes to determining the possibilities or restrictions that you can give your colleagues. As you can see in the image below, Facebook allows you ‘Employee access’ and ‘Admin Access’. We recommend you always select ‘Employee access’ when adding new people.
How do I set up a Facebook Pixel?
In our blog, you will find out more about the Facebook Pixel. Simply put, the Facebook Pixel measures the conversion of a website, makes sure that you can create specific target audiences, and can see what the conversion rates are. Facebook Pixels are essential for setting up effective ad campaigns.
1. To set up a Pixel click on ‘Business Settings’ in the top-right corner of your screen. Once you have done this, a new page will open with an overview of the various settings which you can manage. When you click on ‘Data Sources’, a drop-down menu will appear including the option ‘Pixels’.
2. When you click on ‘Pixels’ you can create a Pixel. Give the Pixel a clear description so - if you decide to create multiple Pixels - you will be able to discern which Pixel is measuring what conversion. Next Facebook will ask you to enter a website URL; we suggest you create a pixel with the URL of your ticket shop; by doing so you will be able to see the clicks in your ticket shop and see where potential visitors drop off in the purchasing process.
3. After naming and linking the Pixel to a URL, the next step is to set it up in the correct manner. Facebook gives you three different options for setting up your pixel, however, we suggest that you stick with ‘Use an integration or Tag Manager’. Manually Installing a code takes more time, and sending instructions to a developer includes another intermediary. Besides that, we have an existing guide on how to set up Google Tag Manager.
How do I add an Instagram account?
Often people will use Instagram to promote their event, which is understandable given the app’s unique ability to present a large audience with a visual impression of your event. This can be both before and during the event, or even behind the scenes. As such it is an effective tool through which you can help form closer ties with your (potential) visitors.
1. Go to the Business Settings. In the menu on your left, you will see ‘Accounts’, which when clicked on will reveal a drop-down menu. One of the options is ‘Instagram Accounts’, after clicking on it make sure to select ‘Add’.
2. Fill in the username and password of the Instagram account. Make sure that only people who have access to the account will be able to make use of the extra options Facebook provides when you attach an Instagram account to the Business Manager.
EVENTIX TIP: Connect the Instagram-account of your organisation and make sure that this account is a Business account, this provides you with more options and also keeps your business separated from your private accounts.
You should now have a basic understanding of Facebook Business Manager. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us through the chat on the bottom-right of your screen or via email@example.com.