People love counting down to things. We count down to New Year's Eve, during the launch of a spacecraft, while we wait for pies to finish baking or sports games to start.
You can let your customers countdown to your ticket sales by adding a countdown timer to your ticket shops. This timer is visible to anyone who visits the ticket shop and will show how long is left until the ticket sales start. The big advantage to you is that your visitors will know exactly when tickets will go live and won’t start mashing ‘F5’ like a possessed lunatic, which in turn relieves pressure from the server.
How does the countdown timer in my ticket shop work?
“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5…”
1. Go to the ‘Dashboard’, click on ‘Manage’ on the left-hand side of the screen and select ‘Events’.
2. Now you will see an overview of your events. Select the one that you would like to add a countdown timer to the shop for by clicking on the blue ‘Manage’ button on the right.
3. In this menu, you will be able to edit your event. However, in order to add a countdown timer, you will need to click on the ticket icon on the left side of the screen.
4. Next, choose the ticket you would like to add a countdown timer for in the ticket shop by clicking on the the ‘Edit’ button on the right.
5. Now you will see the basic ticket settings. In order to edit the advanced settings, you will need to click on ‘More options’ in the top-right corner and toggle on the ‘Countdown in shop’ option.
6. As you can see, ‘Countdown in shop’ will then appear as a new menu option. Now you can determine how many minutes (!) before the ticket sales begin that the timer will begin counting down.
Thanks for reading! If you have any further questions or feedback regarding these guides feel free to contact us through the live chat or via firstname.lastname@example.org.