This guide works off the presumption that you have a Google Adwords account. If you don’t but would like one, Google has a handy guide readily available for you.
What can I do with a conversion label or ID?
The ID’s make sure that you have insight into the actions that a visitor takes once they have clicked on your advertisement. This could be anything from purchasing a ticket, to subscribing to your mailing list, or contacting your organisation. These kinds of (valuable) actions are known as conversions. The conversion label and ID can be linked to Google Tag Manager or integrated into your website.
Where can I find the Google conversion label and ID?
1. Go to your account in Google AdWords.
2. Click on ‘Tools’ in the top-right corner en select ‘Conversions’.
3. Create a new conversion.
4. Next, you will see an overview of the four types of conversions you can choose to track. Select the ‘Website’ option.
5. On the next page, you will be able to select the specific settings for the conversion action (value, duration and name of the conversion). When you are satisfied with your settings, click on ‘Create and continue’.
6. The next step will allow you to set up your tag. A tag is a piece of code on your website which gathers (valuable) information about the behaviour of your potential visitors. There are two ways in which to find the ID and label (you will need both the ID and label): ‘Install the tag yourself’ or ‘Use Google Tag Manager’.
7a. Install the tag yourself:
Conversion ID (highlighted in blue):
Conversion label (highlighted in blue):
EVENTIX TIP: If you would like to install the tags yourself, don’t forget to insert the piece of code between the <head></head>tags of the pages.
7b. Use Google Tag Manager:
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us through the chat in the bottom-right of your screen or via email@example.com.